Pics of Me at Work!! (For my friends who keep asking me what I do!!)
It's ages since I have started blogging...Gosh I think abt 3 mths since I left my previous job... Today I am working from home to meet my dateline on Wednesday... How did that happen??? Well, yesterday after arriving back from Korea, I just simply gave a call to my supervisor ard 11 to tell him if it was possible to work from home and he fully supported me working at home... Supportive right???... But seriously I did think it was plausible to do my work for today at home cos it cuts down on the travelling time, distractions etc... But he did give me a call in the morning to check my job status so I just gave him a rough update on the staus of the job...Can't wait to get back to site tomorrow to check on the unit, desk- bound work is really tedious...
CNY is almost over... I had a nice CNY this year, probably due to the fact that I am working now and there's cash to give to yr parents and siblings and I am able to help out with the household...In addition I relish the fact that now I am a financially independant adult with a relatively challenging job...hopefully it will stay that way or else... It was nice meeting up with the relatives and exchanging name cards and finding out abt the different industries that they worked in... I guess it's always nice to broaden yr horizons instad of always focusing on the oil industry. I guess for my parents CNY was a happier occassion than usual cos they could just enjoy their relatives saying " Wah lei, hao ming le!! Got a daughter working", after which my parents would just be beaming away.. :).
I just came back from Korea on Sunday.. Had a great time over there...spent abt 1 day skiing...i day at the amusement park where I was snow-sledding cool!!!... Will update the blog again once I have uploaded the photos. Met a bunch of interesting ppl over there too!!! Next destination: Nepal!!
I just tot it would be good to tell my friends more about my current workplace in this blog entry. My current workplace has a very conducive environment for learning, my mentor at work has been very helpful. He is a bit of a perfectionist but this spurs me to meet to work harder to meet up to his standards and he is definitely aware of that. I do have respect for his work ethics because he has worked for a longer time than I have lived literally. In my work, I have realised that there will always be up times and down times but given hard work and sheer determination, these problems will definitely resolve themselves. Definitely there may be times where I feel unhappy about the unfairness of certain matters, but I have learnt that if I wish to be treated as a equal, I have to strive to work hard to prove my abilities. My good friends have always commented that I am a simple person at heart. In the workplace however, it appears that the simpler a person appears, the more complicated ppl will think that person is.
1 comment:
Hi~
Ok my turn to drop by your blog. Seriously you looks cute in those working attire!!
Oh yes by the way, wish you all best in SHELL. Need steel let me know, haha~
Brian C
Post a Comment